Monday, April 20, 2015

Performance Art!


For my performance art piece, I decided to dress up in winter clothes and walk around campus with a sled, in search of a place to go sledding! I wore a ski jacket, snow pants, gloves, and a scarf. I created a sled by covering a piece of cardboard with red paper and attaching string to it. This connects back to happiness because of how much I love sledding. I love being in Florida, but one thing that I miss about Maine are all of the winter activities. My experiences sledding have been some of my happiest childhood memories. My family used to go sledding every weekend when I was younger, during the winter. Therefore, memories of sledding remind me of all the happy memories I have with my family. All in all, I found this project to be fun. I won't lie though, walking around in a snowsuit was somewhat emberrassing. I found it interesting how most people would look at me from afar, but then purposely look the other way when I walked by them. It was almost as if they were afraid to look at me. This was not the reaction that I was expecting, so I was pretty surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment