Saturday, February 21, 2015

Video Games!

Although I may not want to admit it, video games had a large impact on my childhood. Growing up, my brother, who is two years older than me, was absolutely obsessed in video games. Therefore, my family has had various different types of video game systems throughout my life. When I was younger, we had both the Nintendo and the Genesis in our basement. My favorite game to play on the Nintendo was Super Mario Brothers. On the Genesis, we had this fun fighting game to play, although I do not remember what is was called. In our living room, we also had the Nintendo 64. My favorite game to play on this was Mario Kart. My least favorite game to play was Super Smash Bros because I would always lose, which would frustrate me. For many years we had these three video game systems to choose from. The quality of the Nintendo 64 was much better than either the Nintendo or the Genesis, although sometimes it was still fun to play on these systems too. In addition, we had the Gameboy Color and later the Game Boy Advance. Then, in 2001, my brother bought the GameCube. The quality of the GameCube was even better than the Nintendo 64, so we started playing on that instead. I would always play the game Super Mario Sunshine on the GameCube. After the GameCube, my brother moved on to buying the Xbox, and then later the Xbox 360. This was the time period when I for the most part stopped playing video games. Before, I would always just play my brother's games. However, when my brother started playing the Xbox, he also started only playing gun shooting games, which I had little interest in. I was more interested at this time in computer games, for I was absolutely obsessed in The Sims 2. Although, I did enjoy Xbox games such as Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, and Rock Band. My family also bought a Wii, which I really enjoyed. We would only have fitness games on it though, for my parents wanted us to exercise while playing on it. The last video game system that my family has gotten is the Playstation Kinect. This I enjoyed because I could play dancing games without holding any form of controller. As of right now, I believe that my family only has the Xbox 360 hooked up. When I return home I use it, but only in order to use Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment